Data Engineer / Big Data Developer
As our new data engineer, you will be involved in the design, development, and maintenance of a brand-new real-time data streaming platform for analytical and operational use, that is also reused for streaming data to various internal and external systems. This platform is entirely developed on AWS. You will be working closely with different internal stakeholders making sure their requirements are met. This is a challenging role with huge growth potential as you will be helping to build the backbone where all our real-time data will flow through.
Main Activities / Key Responsibilities:
- Hands-on design and development of the data platform
- Follow and apply best practices while building the data streaming framework
- Maintain and build robust and perform data pipelines
- Focus on data quality assurance, verification of accuracy and consistency of data
- Maintain and support data streaming processes ensuring regular feeds with minimal intervention
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with the data feeds
- Support, assist, establish and maintain appropriate communication channels with business users in the context of company data assets
- Maintain and promote collaboration with other technical teams responsible for upstream/downstream systems
- Maintain transparent communication within the team / other departments within the company
- Participate in brainstorming meetings to discuss existing issues and new ideas
- Participate in daily / weekly team meetings
- Develop a further current skill set both from a technological and soft skills perspective
Technical Skills required:
- Excellent command of “spoken” English
- Experienced data engineering with extensive Data Integration / near-real-time streaming solution development
- Strong experience in programming in Scala, Java or Phyton
- Strong experience in managing and processing large data sets
- Experience in data processing such as Spark and data stream processing such as Kafka, Flink or similar is desired
- Experience with AWS or GCP cloud platform Big Data streaming solutions is desired
- Experience with columnar databases such as Amazon Redshift, Big Query or similar is desired
And what kind of person are you?
- Analytical by nature with the ability to obtain,
- Ability to obtain, analyse and synthesize information from multiple sources and come up with efficient solutions when troubleshooting.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment whilst interacting with a variety of different disciplines
- Proven ability to prioritize and deal with problems systematically and provide clear communications regarding the issues, resolution times and solutions
- Not easily phased and are adaptable to working in a fast-paced environment whilst interacting with a variety of different disciplines.
- Through your ability to prioritise and deal with problems systematically you are able to clearly communicate any issues regarding resolution times and solutions as they arise.
- Keen attention to detail and data quality
Technical skills desired:
- Hold an academic degree in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, computer science or mathematics
- Experience within the iGaming industry would be considered an asset
- Experience in SQL query writing and optimisation
- Experience in business analysis and requirements gathering
- Experience with data warehousing will be considered an asset
- Competitive Salary
- Company Bonuses
- Being in an international team working with the UK, Malta and Sweden
- Flexible vacation periods and +5 bonus vacation days to your legal annual leave rights (including the first year)
- Budget for international conferences
- Good hardware options to work with (2 external monitors, standing desk option, etc.)
- Dealing with new technologies
- Flexible and relaxed working environment
- Kitchen and open fridge for breakfast, cookies, fruits, mostly organic food
- Central location access to the subway, main bus routes, and highway
- Good coffee and best siders 🙂
- During the pandemic period, we have been working remotely from home, providing you with office chairs and monitors. After pandemic times we are planning to continue working remotely with some occasional office days.
Do this position and our workplace sound like it would suit you? Great!
Just send your application and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org